» About ADD/ADHD
Correct Diagnosis and Treatment Can Make All the Difference
ADD, Attention Deficit Disorder – and ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – are due to an imbalance in brain chemistry. The condition affects children, adolescents and adults.
ADHD Center, Inc. is one of the few facilities that conducts comprehensive evaluations and also has a Medical Director (licensed physician) to prescribe and monitor the treatment.
Correct diagnosis and treatment are key. Prescribing for ADD is as individualized as prescribing glasses. When the precise dosage of medication is prescribed, which corrects the specific chemical imbalance in the brain, there is often a swift and dramatic improvement.
Our Medical Director monitors the patient’s progress daily by phone until the delicate balance of medication is found for the individual. The proper treatment of ADD can result in more appropriate behavior, better learning and higher self-esteem. In adults treatment can mean the difference between success and failure or underachievement and reaching their full potential. We offer on-line and in-house testing for Attention Deficit Disorders.
Our online testing includes all the psychological testing as well as a consultation with Dr. Harvey Davisson.
Our ADD Evaluation includes:
- Free Screening Computerized testing.
- Comprehensive Developmental History Diagnostic interview with a qualified mental health professional Interview with Medical Doctor. Prescription for preliminary medications (when applicable).
- Medication adjustments.
- Optional psychological follow-up sessions.
- Feel free to take our free on-line screening test.
- The ADHD Center, Inc. is located in the North Dallas Bank Tower on the corner of Preston Road and LBJ Freeway.
There is ample free parking.
ADHD Center, Inc.
12900 Preston Road – Suite 1200
Dallas, Texas 75230
Phone: (972) 480-0000
Fax: (972) 960-6097